Spring is finally here and as you start to open your windows up and spend more time outdoors, did you know that you can get a screen door for your garage? The Door People at Overhead Door Company of Mason City are here to help you get your garage door ready for entertaining such as graduations, block parties, and summer grill outs! Do you spend a lot of time in the garage and in your driveway visiting with neighbors and friends? If so, do you love the idea of having a screen door on your garage to let the fresh air in while keeping the bugs and debris out? Overhead Door Company of Mason City sells and installs the Lifestyle Screen, which is a fully retractable, spring loaded garage screen system that works in conjunction with your existing garage door. Transform your garage into an airy, pest and bug free space in no time!
The Lifestyle Screen is framed with 2” x 2” architectural grade aluminum with a wet painted shell for a durable and consistent finish. The screen runs on maintenance free tracks, independent but similar to your primary garage door track. Its spring loaded counter balance system makes it effortless to open and close the screen while eliminating the hassle of needing an electric opener. This screen comes with an option of having a walk-in door feature which allows for easy entry and exit. When the screen is down, it has the same position as your garage door has. The Lifestyle Screen has a broad range of features and is available in white and brown frame colors. It comes in 7’ and 8’ tall sizes and 8’, 9’, 10’ 16’ and 18’ wide. There are a number of options available when it comes to the screen material you can have. Your choices are:
- Standard (18 x 14) Fiberglass Screen in charcoal – this is a great choice for maximum airflow and is available in the white and brown frame.
- Optional (17 x 20) PVC Coated Polyester Screen in white – this offers the maximum durability, privacy, and is pet resistant. Available in the white frame only.
- Optional (17 x 20) PVC Coated Polyester Screen in black – Maximum durability, pet resistant. Available in the white and brown frame.
To learn more about Lifestyle Screens visit www.LifestyleScreens.com. In the meantime, if you’d like to receive a quote on a Lifestyle Screen for your garage, click on the red button below:
Here are some frequently asked questions from homeowners regarding the Lifestyle Screen:
1. What is the warranty on the Lifestyle garage screen system?
There is a Limited Lifetime warranty covering the parts. Screen mesh is not included in the warranty. Overhead Door Company of Albert Lea provides a 1-year installation warranty.
2. Does the Lifestyle screen replace my existing garage door?
No. You will still use your garage door as you normally would. The Lifestyle garage screen system works in conjunction with your existing garage door allowing you to quickly switch between your garage door and your Lifestyle garage screen system. When in use, the Lifestyle garage screen exchanges positions with your garage door.
3. Does the Lifestyle garage screen system work with wind loaded doors?
Yes, the Lifestyle system works with all wind loaded and hurricane reinforced doors. However, if your garage door is reinforced with 6" C-channels, you should discuss the changes necessary with your installer.
4. Can you add a locking mechanism to the retractable door?
Yes, the retractable door can be fitted with a locking mechanism at an additional cost. Locking mechanisms are optional.
5. What sizes and colors are available?
Currently, we have 6' wide to 18' wide models and 7', 8', 9' and 10' tall*. The frame is currently available in white, brown and sandstone. * 9' and 10' models available up to 16' width only.
6. I have storage over my garage doors now. Can the Lifestyle garage screen and my garage door go down so I can access it?
Yes, you will want to open your garage door, roll your Lifestyle garage screen down until it touches the floor, leaving it "kicked back" from the jamb. Then simply disconnect your garage door from the opener with the safety disconnect cord and gently roll the garage door down until it rests on the Lifestyle frame.
7. How much clearance will I lose from my existing garage door opening height when the Lifestyle is installed?
Typically, you will not lose more than 1.75" of clearance.
8. How much does the Lifestyle garage screen system cost?
Contact Overhead Door Company of Albert Lea at 507-373-4435 for a quote, or click on the red button below and in the message field, let us know your request is regarding the Lifestyle Screen.
9. What is the difference in airflow between the standard 18x14 fiberglass screen and the optional screen material?
You will get approximately 10% more airflow with the standard screen (58%) above optional screen materials (48% airflow).
10. Can I install my Lifestyle garage screen system myself?
The Lifestyle garage screen is a spring loaded system and should only be installed by a trained professional.
11. What is the upgraded screen mesh made of?
The upgraded Lifestyle screen uses a mesh made of pvc coated polyester. The weave pattern is 17x20 and both the charcoal and white are good for customers looking for an extremely strong mesh. Only the white mesh functions as a privacy screen the charcoal does not. FYI, the standard mesh is made of fiberglass in an 18x14 weave pattern similar to that used in window screens.
12. Will the Lifestyle Screen work on a low headroom garage door? (double horizontal track system)
The Lifestyle screen will not work on low headroom applications. Low headroom garage doors are typically found in basement garages. They are typically identified by two tracks on the horizontal. Overhead Door Company of Mason City can verify this for you.
To request a quote from us, click on the red button below or call 641-424-4114.